Although magnesium oxide is not an important material in rubber, it plays a very important role. The following is a brief introduction of the role of magnesium oxide in rubber.
1. Magnesium oxide can be used as a reinforcing agent for heat-resistant rubber in NBR. Adding magnesium oxide to neoprene can improve the tensile strength, stress and hardness of its vulcanizate, and can neutralize the small amount of hydrogen chloride produced during vulcanization or under the sunlight, but the heat resistance is a little worse.
2. The addition of magnesium oxide in the mixing process of neoprene can prevent burning during processing, and improve the burning of rubber materials in the storage process, which can prevent the early cross-linking and ring-ring of neoprene and increase the safety of operation. In addition, it has the function of plasticizing rubber. In the vulcanization time and become a vulcanization machine, play the role of hydrogen chloride acceptor, improve the glue concentration force, prevent hydrogen chloride on the erosion of fibrous tissue.
3. Use halogen rubber as an acid sorbent.
4.Use it as a thickener in composites.
5. It can be used as vulcanizing agent and filling agent in halogenated butyl adhesive.
6. In addition, magnesium oxide can also improve the temperature resistance level of rubber, increase the adhesion performance with the metal framework, and improve the rollability of the mixing rubber; Absorption of free halogens by thermal decomposition of these effects.