What are the medical contraindications of magnesium sulfate
(1) Magnesium sulfate solution can inhibit the central nervous system, relax skeletal muscles, have sedation, anti-spasm and reduce intracranial pressure.
It is often used to treat convulsion, eclampsia, uremia, tetanus and hypertensive encephalopathy.
More than 10% magnesium sulfate 10 ml deep intramuscular injection or diluted with 5% glucose into a solution of 2% ~ 2.5% slowly drip.
However, it should be noted that direct intravenous injection or large intramuscular injection of magnesium sulfate is very dangerous, generally 25% magnesium sulfate can be used up to 15 ml per time.
Attention should be paid to the patient's breathing and blood pressure during the use of knee jerk is an important sign of adequate magnesium ion.
(2) Oral magnesium sulfate solution is rarely absorbed in the intestinal tract, and oral magnesium sulfate has a good cathartic function, so magnesium sulfate is also called Epsom salts.
After the magnesium sulfate solution is delivered orally to the intestinal cavity, it has certain osmotic pressure, so that the intestinal water is not absorbed by the intestinal wall.
There is a lot of moisture in the intestine, which can mechanically stimulate the peristalsis of the intestine and defecate.
Therefore, magnesium sulfate can be used to treat constipation and abnormal intestinal fermentation.
Used with insect repellent, it makes intestinal worms easy to expel.
5 ~ 20 g magnesium sulfate can be dissolved in 100 ~ 400 ml warm water every time, once in the morning.
(3) Effects on the cardiovascular system. By injection, excessive magnesium ions can directly dilate peripheral vascular smooth muscle and cause transmission disorders of sympathetic ganglion, thereby dilating blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
Intramuscular injection of 1G, 10% solution, 10ml each time;
Intravenous infusion, 1-2.5 g at a time, dilute 25% solution 10 ml with 5% glucose to 1% concentration and inject slowly.
(4) Magnesium sulfate solution can stimulate duodenal mucosa, reflexive cause the common bile duct sphincter relaxation, gallbladder contraction, thereby promoting gallbladder emptying, beneficial gallbladder effect.
Can be used to treat cholecystitis cholelithiasis, 2 ~ 5 grams each time, 3 times a day, before or between meals oral.
(5) Magnesium sulfate solution relaxes bronchial smooth muscle by inhibiting the uptake of calcium by cells, which is conducive to the relief of symptoms in severe asthma.
Drug dose: 25 ~ 40mg/(kg•d)(maximum 2g/d), divided into 1 ~ 2 times, add 10% glucose solution 20ml slowly intravenous drip (more than 20 minutes), appropriate use for 1 ~ 3 days.